31.12.15

2015 at a glance


2015 has been a year of learning and growing for me. I've realised people will only bring me down if I let them, and I've taught myself how to be happy (which really grinds on some people). 
I'm so thankful for everyone that has been a part of 2015 as I've learnt so much. I'm certain that all of the people im ending 2015 with will be with me throughout 2016. 

I wish you all a fabulous new year & I hope you spend it with those you love the most. 

Now, I don't usually set resolutions however I have made 2 for 2016;
1) To blog more - I've been a bit inconsistent this year and want to get into a schedule of blogging. 
2) To learn calligraphy (To make pretty wedding invites/ save the dates/ bridesmaids cards) 





Me and Paul wildly rode into 2015 fast asleep in our new home (We had only moved in two weeks before). Yes... We didn't even stay awake until midnight! 
I do have a blog post on our home too if you want to check it out. 

We celebrated Valentine's Day at our favourite restaurant Amalfi White. We love it here- it has lots of special memories for us as we have been going since we first met. 



Me and my gorgeous mother went for a champagne breakfast at Morley Hayes (just because). It was amazing and when we came to pay the bill we were told it had already been settled. Paul had rang them before hand and paid (never fails to make me smile) 


We started celebrating my 21st birthday early as I was away for the actual date (2nd May). Me and my mum went to Birmingham for the day for champagne, shopping and more champagne. 
I was absolutely spoilt- my mum took me straight to Harvey Nichols and bought me these beautiful Christian Louboutins! 


We then went to Selfridges champagne bar & had lunch. 



We had such an amazing day & laughed so much!


Birthday month! My 21st... And we were off to Barcelona. 
I haven't blogged about Barcelona before so I'm going to go into a bit more detail. 

We were looking to go away for my birthday and originally was thinking London to see a show. Then a friend recommended Barcelona to me and I was determined it's where I wanted to go! We searched for hours to find the most perfect hotel- I'm unbelievably picky when it comes to hotels- and then booked Condes de Barcelona. It was on the main shopping street and we were surrounded by Chanel, Rolex, Cartier, LV .... Of course I was in my element! 
The hotel had a rooftop Moët champagne bar which we spent most of our evenings. It would have live music which made it so romantic. 
We sipped cocktails overlooking the city and laughed about anything and everything. One evening I thought it would be a good idea if we chose a cocktails for each other.... NEVER again will I be drinking a Mai Tai! I don't remember much after that! 
We were there for 4 days and we did champagne breakfasts, tapas, shopping (I treated myself to some Jimmy Choo's), even the tour bus! The weather was absolutely beautiful whilst we were there. 

On my birthday evening we ate at the Mandarin hotel Seafood restaurant. It was the most incredible experience and we were treated like royalty. 

Paul really wanted to go to the Barcelona football stadium... I was not that ecstatic... But it was worth it to see his face when we got there!

It was honestly the most special weekend and we would go back in a heartbeat! 


Pauls birthday was the 31st May so I arranged for us to have a spa day at Centre Parcs at the beginning of June. We had a lovely relaxing day and we both had the Elemis Lime and Ginger salt scrub treatment which left us totally refreshed and relaxed. 

I also landed a new job in June! The interview was extremely scary (included a presentation, maths test, accuracy test and competency questions!). So I was delighted when I found out they offered me the job! I work in the Marketing Team at Boots head office and I love it! 


At the end of July we went to Essex to see our friends which we met in Kos! I won't go into it too much as I have a separate blog post All About Essex! 
We had such a lovely time. Shock horror ... There was more champagne! 


Towards the end of August we travelled to our favourite hotel in Kos. We were there for 11 nights and it was pure relaxation and luxury. It was our 3rd time at this hotel- we love it so much we just can't keep away. 



So, this was the month Paul asked me to go engagement ring shopping with him. I was beyond excited. And we found  
THE engagement ring. Here is a photo of when I tried it on in the shop... I'm sure you can see why I fell in love with it!




Ollies birthday and Autumn walks. 

Yes call us crazy but we celebrate the dogs birthday as if it was our own. Paul (Daddy) went into work an hour late so we could give Ollie his presents! Every time we sing Happy Birthday he gets so excited. 
We had quite a chilled month taking Ollie for lots of walks. 


Me and Paul always try to set aside some Saturday nights for us to go out- so we went to one of our favourite cocktail bars in Derby! It's one of the first places Paul took me so we love going back. We had 4 cocktails each... Then decided we wanted pjs and pizza... So we did exactly that!! We have never been the partying couple, we just love to have some drinks and a chat. 

December has always been an exciting month for me! With mine and Pauls anniversary and Christmas! Now it has a whole new meaning. I got engaged on 11th December! (And I'm still coming to terms with it)!! 
See my 'The Best Night of my Life' blog post to read all about it. 

Christmas was also so special- we spent the day at my parents with all my close family. It was just perfect. 

And now for NEW YEAR...
We are off to the beautiful Amalfi White for a White Ball. There's going to be a live swing band in the Ballroom... mulled wine and blankets in the garden, canapés and cocktails... Oh- and lots of champagne! 


I have a floor length black ballgown with a fishtail train from Ella June Designs (Check them out on Instagram). 

I hope you all have an amazing New Year... Here's to 2016! 

Lots of love 

Em 
X








No comments:

Post a Comment